Your Medicare Advantage Checklist
Are you ready for the Medicare Annual Enrollment Period this year?
This 5-item checklist will help you prepare for it now.
You should review this checklist even if you plan on staying in your current Medicare Advantage Plan.
Step 1: Mark important dates
The Medicare Annual Enrollment Period starts on October 15, 2022 and ends on December 7, 2022.
You should add both dates on your calendar so you don’t miss your chance to switch Medicare plans.
Step 2: Learn about Medicare plan changes you can make
During the Medicare Annual Enrollment Period, you can make several coverage changes including:
- Changing from Original Medicare to a Medicare Advantage plan.
- Changing from a Medicare Advantage plan back to Original Medicare.
- Switching from one Medicare Advantage plan to another Medicare Advantage plan.
- Enrolling in a Medicare prescription drug plan (Medicare Part D).
- Switching from one Medicare prescription drug plan to another Medicare prescription drug plan.
- Disenrolling from a Medicare prescription drug plan.
Step 3: Review your Annual Notice of Change
If you already have a Medicare Advantage Plan, you should review your Annual Notice of Changes (ANOC).
Your Medicare Advantage provider will send you this document. It explains any plan changes that will go into effect next year. Your plan could make changes each year, such as changes in service areas, coverage or costs.
Your Medicare Advantage provider should send this document by the end of September. This gives you time to review any changes. You can then decide if you want to remain in your current Medicare Advantage Plan or switch to another plan or coverage option.
Step 4: Decide what benefits you want
Are you switching from one Medicare Advantage Plan to another, or enrolling in a Medicare Advantage Plan for the first time? If so, you should decide which benefits you need and want.
When comparing Medicare Advantage Plans, ask yourself the following questions:
- What benefits do I need?
- Does the plan offer any additional benefits?
- Is my preferred doctor in network?
- Can I use out-of-network providers and facilities?
- Are my medications on the approved drug list?
- Can I afford the monthly plan premium and out-of-pocket costs?
Step 5: Compare your plan options
The final step in your checklist is to compare your Medicare Advantage Plan options.
Aetna® offers several types of Medicare Advantage plans, including HMO and PPO plans. The benefits and network rules of each plan may vary.
You may have $0 monthly premium plan options available.
You can compare all of your Aetna Medicare Advantage plan options right now by filling out the form below or calling a licensed agent at 1-800-891-6309, TTY: 711, 24/7.